Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Noel Blocks - Homemade Christmas Decor


Looking for a simple decor for your home? These blocks are made from different sized scrap pieces of wood (2x4's and 2x6's). Paint the wood the desired color. Stamp letters onto paper and then adhere to a paper covered piece of wood. I made the letter stencils by printing them off my computer, and the snowflake stencil was from a dollar store. I used regular tacky glue, but that glue has proved not to work very well. I hear that rubber cement works good.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get your wood blocks from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a new subdivision so there is lots of construction going on. When there is no snow, I go around to building lots that have piles of what looks like scrap wood and I ask if it would be okay to take some.

    ReplyDelete