Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Paper Tole Nativity Made from Christmas Cards



Paper tole is the process of making a dimensional picture out of several copies of the same image.


I made this paper tole nativity a few years ago. I had a package of Christmas cards with quite a few left over - and I knew I wanted to paper tole these cards. There is an avid paper tole crafter in my church who was a sweetheart and guided me through this project. She thought I was crazy for picking such a hard project for my first paper tole experience. What made it difficult was the small size of the pictures.

Since I made this a few years ago - I do not have the pictures to make a tutorial - but I found a paper tole tutorial using a stamped image CLICK HERE.

Trying to get a picture with the right angle to show the depth of the picture was a challenge. 
I just love how this turned out. I framed the work of art in a $store shadow box. It wasn't in the frame department - rather the picture deptartment. It had a 3D teapot in it that I removed. This was way cheaper then paying to get it framed. 

I hope this gives you some ideas....

Thanks for stopping by!




Linking up to....
"Lil Luna





2 comments:

  1. So cute !!!
    Mirevan from Chambéry (France)
    www.mirevan.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday. reflect scientific

    ReplyDelete