Sunday, February 10, 2013

DIY Fabric Key Chain


Hello! Welcome to my blog!
I made these key chains last year to put in a Valentine's Day goodie basket. I am making a few more this year to give as quick and easy Valentine's gifts. Here is how I made them:


I made the images on my favorite computer program and printed them out on drop cloth. I adhered an
 8 1/2 x 11 piece of fabric to a piece of card stock with double sided tape at the top. For a full tutorial on how to print on fabric - CLICK HERE.  

I cut out the image leaving a border around the heart so I could fray the edges. I added a strip of frayed fabric (folded in half to make a loop )to the inside top left corner of the heart to hold the key ring. I sewed around the heart right next to the black ink - leaving an inch and a half open to put in a bit of stuffing. I sewed it close after I stuffed it. Add a key ring to the loop or leave it as it is to use
as a gift topper.
The image is below if you would like to try one yourself!!



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: